What are Cookies and similar technologies?
You can restrict or block cookies using your browser settings. Information on how to do this is detailed below in the “How to manage cookies” section.
We also use tracking pixels in our marketing emails. These pixels tell us if, and when, you opened an email from us. We use this information to better understand how customers engage with our content and to analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
You can disable tracking pixels by changing your email settings to block the loading or display of external images.
How to manage Cookies
Some cookies are strictly necessary to allow you to use the website and its features, such as storing items in your basket. Without these cookies these features cannot be provided which may impair the functionality of the website meaning you are unable to shop on our website.
You can select the cookies you would like this website to store on your device by changing your browser settings. Each browser allows you to restrict or block cookies in different ways.
Details on how to do this in each browser can be found on the ICO website (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites), visit: https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/cookies/
Within most browsers you can utilise private browsing modes that typically do not save local data associated with the session, such as cookies. These are typically deleted when you close all the windows.
You can install a browser add-on to opt-out of Google Analytics in your browser across all websites (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites), visit: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Types of Cookies used
First-party cookies - these are set by the website you have accessed. They are often used to remember your preferences on the website, such as your preferred currency or items in your basket.
Third-party cookies – these are set by a website other than the one you are accessing.
Session cookies – these are temporary cookies, which are deleted when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies – these remain on your device until you erase them or they expire.
Cookies that are used on our website
- to collect information about how visitors use our site.
- to improve advertising by targeting advertising based on what is relevant for the user.
- to help establish that a user is human and enhances security on our website.
- to communicate with our Customer Service team via live chat on site.
- to provide relevant advertising to users and track conversions.
- used to allow targeted marketing and measurement.
- used for targeted advertising.
- are used to track sales that have come in via an affiliate network link operated by our partner AWIN and also to support the delivery of targeted marketing and advertising communications.