TERMS & CONDITIONS
You must agree to these terms before you place your order.
You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the UK to place an order on our UK website www.lyleandscott.com.
Your attention is particularly drawn to clause 16 (Our responsibility to you) of these terms, which sets out important limits and exclusions of our liability to you.
Lyle & Scott Limited is a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 4111248 whose registered office is at 37 Kentish Town Road, London, NW1 8NX.
Our VAT Registration Numbers are:
UK VAT Registration Number GB801497635
Republic of Ireland VAT Registration Number IE3206986EH
Swedish MOMS Registration Number SE502068478201
French TVA Registration Number FR30 797458734
Netherlands Btw-nr: NL825607085B01
German USt-IdNr: 25/246/31405
Italian IVA Registration Number: IT 00185549995
Spain Registration Number: N6062547B
Norway Registration Number: NO915843247
Belgium Registration Number: BE0719.392.778
How to contact us
You can contact Us by: Phone: 0330 0570817 Please note that calls may be recorded or monitored for training purposes or e-mail: email@example.com
You must notify us immediately of any changes to your personal information by e-mailing or telephoning our customer service representatives on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any reference to ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ in these terms is to Lyle & Scott Limited, and any reference to ‘you’ or ‘your’ is to the person placing an order on our
- We may make changes to these terms at any time. However, the terms which apply to your order will be those in force at the time you submitted your order to us.
- Please print out or save a copy of these terms and any emails from us for your records, as we will not save or file a copy for you. These terms are only available in English.
- Please check your order carefully and correct any errors before you submit it to us.
- Our website will guide you through the ordering process. After you place your order, we will send you an acknowledgment email to let you know that we have received your This does not mean that your order has been accepted by us. Your order is an offer to buy products from us on these terms.
- Acceptance of your order by us takes place when we dispatch your order to you, at which point a legally binding contract is formed between you and us on these terms. We will send you a shipping confirmation email to let you know once your order has been dispatched. Any goods on the order which are not confirmed as having been dispatched do not form part of that contract.
- If we do not accept your order, for example because we have been unable to authorise payment, the products are unavailable, you are under 18, or there has been a mistake regarding the pricing or description of the products, we will email you using the details you provided when you placed your We have the right to reject any order for any reason.
- If we are making any bespoke or personalised products for you which are based on measurements or other information you provide to us, you are responsible for ensuring that the information is correct and any images are of a sufficiently high resolution, as the goods will be manufactured using this information. If you have chosen to personalise the goods you may lose your right to cancel your order as it may be the case that we are unable to resell the goods due to the personalisation. Similarly, we cannot accept the return of any personalised goods if the return is due to incorrect information provided by you.
- All orders are subject to availability. We cannot guarantee that any product will be available at any given time. In certain circumstances beyond our reasonable control, for example where there has been a change in law, we may need to stop selling certain products. If this happens and it affects your order, we will notify you by email, cancel your order and provide you with a full refund (including any delivery costs) if payment has already been taken.
- If on receipt of your order the goods are not in stock, we will contact you within a reasonable amount of time and you are free to cancel your order. If you wish to cancel your order we will refund or credit you for any sum that has been paid by you or debited from your credit card or other account for those goods.
Making changes to your order
- You can correct any errors to your order up to the point at which you click on "Pay Now” on the final page of the ordering process.
- If you would like to make any changes to your order after you have submitted it, please contact us as soon as possible and we will let you know if it is possible to change your
- We have the right to make minor changes to the products without notifying you in order to: conform with any applicable safety or other legal or regulatory requirements; or implement minor technical adjustments and improvements. These changes will not affect your use of the products.
- We may also make reasonable changes to the products or these terms but if we do so we will notify you and you will have the right to contact us to end the contract before the changes take effect, and receive a refund for any products paid for but not received.
- Descriptions of our products are set out on our We have made every effort to ensure that the products conform to the photographs and descriptions provided on our website.
- Please read the product description carefully. Pictures and images of the products or their packaging on our website are for illustration purposes only. Your products and their packaging may vary slightly from those pictures or images.
- Every effort is made to ensure that colours are accurately represented online in our photography and colour swatches. We cannot guarantee that the colours displayed on your device will match exactly the appearance of your The colours of the products displayed on our website may vary depending on what device you are using and your settings. Colour variation can occasionally occur owing to screen brightness and contrast settings.
- All weights, sizes and measurements set out on our website are approximate but we try to ensure that they are as accurate as possible. On the rare occasion that there is an error, we will advise you about it within a reasonable amount of time.
- Use restrictions
- You must use our products only for domestic and personal use. You must not use our products for commercial, business or resale purposes.
- Prices for our products are set out on our For customers based in the UK all prices are in pounds sterling (£)(GBP) and include VAT at the applicable rate, but exclude delivery charges. For information on delivery options and costs, go to https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/faq.
- Prices for our products and delivery charges may change at any time. Except as set out in clause 9.3 below, such changes will not affect existing orders.
- If there has been an error on the website regarding the pricing of any of our products and this affects your order, we will try to contact you using the contact details you provided when you placed your We will give you the option to re-confirm your order at the correct price or to cancel your order. If you cancel your order and you have already paid for the goods (but they have not yet been dispatched), then you will receive a full refund. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled and notify you by email.
- For Customers based in the UK: the price includes all applicable taxes. For Customers based outside the UK: the prices for goods on the Website may not include all applicable taxes. Please see https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/faq for further details.
- Deliveries outside the UK may be subject to import duties and taxes that will be charged once the parcel reaches its destination country. These charges must be paid by the recipient of the parcel along with any additional costs for customs clearance. Lyle and Scott will be not responsible for these additional payments. Please see https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/faq for further details.
- Products and promotions offered on this website may not necessarily be available in store and vice versa. Offers are only available subject to their specific terms and conditions which will be shown on this website.
- Payment for goods and delivery charges can be made by any method shown on the website at the time you place your order.
- Payment can be made by any major credit or debit card or via your PayPal account. You can also pay by PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay and [Klarna. We do not accept cash or cheques.
- We will take payment from your card when your order is ready for dispatch. If your credit or debit card payment is not processed successfully for any reason, we reserve the right to reattempt to process payment within 48 hours. If the payment is unsuccessful, we will try to contact you using the contact details you provided when you placed your If we are unable to contact you, we will cancel your order and notify you by email.
- You confirm that the credit, debit card or PayPal account that is being used is yours. All credit/debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to or does not, for any reason, authorise payment to us we will not be liable to you for any delay or non-delivery.
- We allow you to use discount codes strictly on the terms and conditions upon which they were issued which, amongst other things, may include terms relating to your eligibility to use them and a maximum order value.
Delivery dates and costs
- For information on delivery options and costs, go to https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/faq. You will be given available delivery options to choose from when you place your
- Your order will be delivered on the selected delivery date or within the delivery period specified, depending on the delivery option you chose when you placed your We will deliver your order within 30 days of the shipping confirmation email unless otherwise agreed between you and us.
- Any delivery dates stated during the order process, or in your order acknowledgment or shipping confirmation emails, are estimates, unless we have agreed a specific delivery date with you.
- We will do all that we reasonably can to deliver your order within the delivery period or on the delivery date agreed with you. If your delivery is delayed, we will email you to let you know as soon as reasonably possible. However, we are not liable to you for any losses you incur if delivery is delayed because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control (for example, severe weather, accidents or unpredictable traffic delays).
- We will deliver your order to the address specified by you when you placed your order, subject to payment of the relevant delivery charge. We may deliver your goods in instalments.
- If we do not deliver to a particular destination, you will be so notified by us before you submit your order or as soon as possible thereafter.
- If you are not home when the goods are delivered, we may leave the goods in a safe location or, if no one is available to accept delivery, re-deliver the goods on a different day. If there is no one at the address given who can accept delivery of the goods, the postman or courier should notify you of an alternative delivery date, an alternative place to collect the goods, or details of how to arrange an alternative delivery date. If a further delivery attempt is unsuccessful or we are unable to follow your delivery instructions, we will notify you by email, cancel your order and refund you the price of the products (but not the delivery charge).
- Please examine the products as soon as reasonably possible after delivery and notify us of any fault or damage as soon as reasonably possible.
- Once your order has been delivered to your address or in accordance with the delivery instructions you provided to us, the risk in the products passes to you and the goods are classed as having been ‘delivered’. This means that you are responsible for the products and we are not liable to you if the products are stolen or damaged after they have been delivered to you. We accept no liability where you provide an incorrect delivery address or where you fail to collect the goods from the delivery address which you specified. This does not affect your legal rights if the products are faulty or misdescribed. Ownership of the products passes to you once you have paid for them in full (including any delivery charges).
Your right to cancel
- If you are a consumer in the UK or European Economic Area, you have a legal right to cancel. As you are purchasing the products as a consumer (i.e. for private use as opposed to business use), you have a 14 day right to cancel the contract between us and you for any reason (this is often called the ‘cooling off period’).
- For goods, the 14 day period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods (i.e. the day the goods are delivered to you). If you have ordered multiple products which are delivered on different days, your right to cancel will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the last good.
- This does not apply to perishable products, bespoke or personalised products, or any products that have a protective or hygiene seal (eg underwear, beauty products, etc) if that seal has been broken.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel this contract by a clear statement (e.g. a letter sent by post or email). To cancel your order, please email us at email@example.com or call us on 0330 0570817. You can also use the cancellation form available at the bottom of these Terms. To help us process your cancellation more quickly, please have your order number ready or include it in the email or cancellation form you send to us.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right to cancel before the cancellation period has expired.
- If you have already received your order, you must return the products to us within 14 days of telling us that you want to cancel your The deadline is met if you send the products back to us before the 14-day period has expired. We strongly recommend that you get proof of postage. We may withhold the refund until we have received the products back from you or until you have provided us with evidence that you have sent the products back (whichever is earlier).
- Products must be returned to us in a new and unused condition and, to the extent possible, in their original packaging. We may make a deduction from the refund amount if you have handled the product in a way that has diminished the value of the product, if such handling was beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products. You are responsible for the products while they are in your
- We offer a free returns service for UK returns only. For information on how to return your products to us, go to https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/returns-policy.
- We will provide you with a full refund (including basic delivery charges) as soon as possible. If you cancelled before you received any products, we will issue the refund no later than 14 days after the day on which you told us that you want to cancel. If you have sent products back to us, we will issue the refund no later than 14 days after the day we receive the products back from you or, if earlier, 14 days after the day you provide us with evidence that you have sent the products back.
- We will issue your refund to the same payment method you used when you placed your
- The maximum refund for delivery costs will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer. For example, if we offer standard delivery of a product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose next day delivery instead at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option (i.e. standard delivery).
RETURNS (IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND)
- In addition to your right to cancel (if applicable) you may wish to return an item if you have changed your mind. All items must be returned unused and in the original packaging as they were in when received by you. Please ensure that when you receive an item that you take reasonable care of it when trying it on or inspecting it and that any security seals or tags are still intact.
- To change your mind and return the items back to us you have 100 days from the date of purchase. We offer free returns for UK returns only. For information on how to return your products to us, go to https://www.lyleandscott.com/pages/returns-policy.
- Please make sure your items are securely wrapped and your parcel contains all the information requested. Unless otherwise agreed with you, any item you have accepted and then return is your responsibility until it reaches our warehouse. Remember to ask for a receipt as proof of sending. Proof of postage does not cost anything however without it, we may not be able to process your refund or replacement in the rare event that your item is lost in transit.
- If you request a replacement and the product is no longer available, we will process a refund to you. We are only to consider a request for exchange of an item for a different size/colour and not a different style. For hygiene reasons we cannot offer refunds on swimwear or lingerie (if the hygiene or product seal has been broken or is no longer in place). This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We will issue your refund to the same payment method you used when you placed your order.
- If you are returning pursuant to our extended returns policy, the delivery cost you originally paid is non-refundable unless we have sent you an incorrect, faulty or misdescribed item. This does not affect your statutory rights.
- We may make a deduction from the refund amount if you have handled the product in a way that has diminished the value of the product, if such handling was beyond what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the products. You are responsible for the products while they are in your possession.
- Once we have processed your return you will receive a notification via email.
- You will be refunded no later than 14 days after the day we receive the items you are refunding.
- We apologise if you have received the wrong item by mistake. To receive a refund or a replacement, you must return the item in the same condition you received it.
- The products that we provide to you must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. We are under a legal duty to supply products that are in conformity with our contract with you.
- During the expected lifespan of your product, you are entitled to the following:
Up to 30 days:
If your product is faulty, you can get an immediate refund.
Up to six months:
If the product cannot be repaired or replaced, then you are entitled to a full refund in most cases.
Up to six years:
If the product does not last a reasonable length of time, you may be entitled to some money back.
- This is a summary of some of your key rights. They are in addition to your cancellation rights set out in clause 13 above. For more detailed information on your rights, visit the Citizens Advice website at citizensadvice.org.uk or call 0808 223 1133.
- If your products are faulty or misdescribed, or your order is incorrect or missing items please contact us as soon as reasonably possible.
Events beyond our control
- We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control. Such events include, but are not limited to: power failure, internet service provider failure, industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, subsidence, acts of terrorism or war, governmental action, pandemic, other natural disaster, or any other event that is beyond our control.
- Our responsibility to you
- If we breach these terms or are negligent, we are liable to you for foreseeable loss or damage that you suffer as a result. By ‘foreseeable’ we mean that, at the time the contract was made, it was either clear that such loss or damage would occur or you and we both knew that it might reasonably occur, as a result of something we did (or failed to do).
- We are not liable to you for any loss or damage that was not foreseeable, any loss or damage not caused by our breach or negligence, or any business loss or damage.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for any death or personal injury caused by our negligence, liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that the law does not allow us to exclude or limit.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data provided by you when accessing or ordering from the Website.
No third party rights and Invalid Parts
- No one other than us or you has any right to enforce any of these terms.
- If any part of the Terms of Sale shall be deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms of Sale and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions of the Terms of Sale.
Transfer of rights and Delay
- We may transfer our rights under these terms to another business without your consent, but we will notify you of the transfer and make sure that your rights are not adversely affected as a result.
- You are not allowed to transfer your rights under these terms to anyone without our prior written consent.
- Any delay or failure by us in exercising, or any waiver by us of, our rights under or in connection with these Terms of Sale will not limit or restrict the future exercise or enforceability of those rights.
- If you are unhappy with us or the products you ordered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Governing law and jurisdiction
- The laws of England and Wales apply to these terms, although if you are resident elsewhere you will retain the benefit of any mandatory protections given to you by the laws of that country.
- Any disputes will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. This means that you can choose whether to bring a claim in the courts of England and Wales. However, this does not prevent residents of Northern Ireland, Scotland or Europe from starting proceedings in their own local courts.
Model Cancellation Form
(Complete this form only if you wish to withdraw from the contract)
To Lyle & Scott Limited
Address: 37 Kentish Town Road, London, NW1 8NX
Telephone: 0330 0570817
I/We [*] hereby give notice that I/We [*] cancel my/our [*] contract for the sale of the following goods [*]/for the supply of the following service [*],
Ordered on [*]/received on [*],
Name of consumer(s),
Address of consumer(s),
Signature of consumer(s) (only if this form is notified on paper):
[*] Delete as appropriate